Michigan Shoreline Horse Friends
Promoting and sustaining opportunities to horseback ride the Lake Michigan shoreline.
The Michigan Department of Natural Resources has asked that a volunteer horse friends’ group be developed to:
- Help direct participants in the Silver Lake State Park Equestrian Parking Area (aka ORV Parking Area).
- Assist participants to ensure the Equestrian Parking Area has a “clean slate standard.”
- Provide cleanup along the Horse Dune Route.
- Provide information about local horse camping and resources.
Silver Lake State Park Shoreline Season
- November 1-30 annually.
- Reservations open on September 1 at 8:00a.m. EST annually.
- Bring your own horse and ride the Horse Dune Route and 3 miles of the Silver Lake State Park Lake Michigan shoreline.
- $10 / horse Parking Reservations and Recreation Passport are required.
- Your $10.00 / horse Parking Reservations and a Recreation Passport on your vehicle.
- Your own horse.
- Manure fork and muck bucket to pick up your own hay and manure in the Equestrian Parking Area.
- Water for both you and your horse.
- Extra set of clothes including socks and boots in case you get wet.
- Blanket or cooler for your horse.
Opportunities to help will be available. Please stay tuned as more information will become available as we get closer to the season.
Website Created by :